Imagine New Worlds
Every year the NGC Children’s Bocas Lit Fest offers a special children’s event. In this special 125th anniversary of Trinidad and Tobago’s most famous cricket club, the Queen’s Park Cricket Club (QPCC), Imagine New Worlds goes to the Queen’s Park Oval, where the QPCC has been playing for over a century. Children from schools all over the country are invited for a day of creative fun with some leading children’s entertainers, artists, and musicians, and a close focus on cricket. The programme features:
• The art and history of cricket – the rules of the game with star cricketers and tours of the Oval’s cricket museum.
• Music by the St. Margaret’s Boys’ Anglican Primary School Steelpan Orchestra, winners of multiple National Junior Panorama titles.
• Storytelling with Lylah Persad, director of LP Entertainment Theatre.
• Workshops in writing and performing poetry.
• Special appearances by Wendell Manwarren and Penelope Spencer
• An array of fantastic prizes, including autographed cricket memorabilia.