Film/ World Premiere: Moving pictures and borders
Shorts ∙ 2018 ∙ 30 mins ∙ International
The world premiere of a new series of poem-films, bringing together writers and filmmakers from Trinidad and Tobago, Canada, South Africa, the United Kingdom, Croatia and Bangladesh. Introduced by Nicholas Laughlin.
Six poets and 6 filmmakers in 6 countries pair up for a series of new poetry films on the theme of “inheritance”, matching words and images across borders.
- Danielle Boodoo-Fortuné (T&T) Filmmaker: Puleng Langa Stuart (South Africa)/
- Toni Stuart (South Africa) Filmmaker: Probar Ripon (Bangladesh)/
- Nausheen Eusuf (Bangladesh) Filmmaker: Sergej Stanojkovski (Croatia)/
- Miroslav Micanovic (Croatia) Filmmaker: Eric Bent (Canada)/
- Roseline Lambert (Canada) Filmmaker: Annie Watson (UK)/
- Kayo Chingonyi (UK) Filmmaker: Maya Cozier (T&T)
A partnership between NGC Bocas Lit Fest [T&T], Open Book Festival [South Africa], Dhaka Lit Fest [Bangladesh], Festival of the European Short Story [Croatia], Mile End Poets’ Festival [Canada] and Wordlife [UK], supported by the British Council and Writers’ Centre Norwich [UK] as part of the International Literature Showcase.