Beyond the First Draft: Literary Craft Studio #3
So you’ve written and finished something long or short. Congratulations. Now what? This is a series of three unique TWC sessions for advanced writers of novels and short stories.
Prize-winning writer, lecturer and editor for The Literary Consultancy in London, Monique Roffey will discuss some of what a writer must think about when revising your fiction and polishing it, so it’s ready for showing to an agent or for publication. Three 2-hour interactive sessions that include talks, discussion handouts, and ‘q and a’ will answer many burning questions. Bring pen and paper and your questions and concerns for your work in progress.
Studio 3 Topics:
- Characterization/how well do you know your characters? Creating a dossier.
- The filter of your ‘true voice’/being yourself/avoiding a ‘high lit’ tone
- Making decisions and sticking to them
- Making decisions and having the courage to throw them out
- Ending your story
- What should a second draft look like?
Special discounted rate for package booking all 3 parts (see package offer).
Venue: The Writers Centre, 14 Alcazar St, St. Clair
Date: Sat 9th May, 2020
Time: 10am- 12noon
Cost: $500.00TT (payable in advance by cash/cheque/ bank transfer or deposit)
METHODS OF PAYMENT
All workshop registration payments are non-refundable and are due in advance.