First Citizens National Poetry Slam Semi Final #1
The First Citizens National Poetry Slam is T&T’s national spoken word competition, sponsored by First Citizens in collaboration with the Bocas Lit Fest and The 2 Cents Movement. Participants go through a three-round process: auditions, semi-finals, and finals (the finale event of the NGC Bocas Lit Fest). Every year, hundreds of poets compete for a grand prize of $50,000.00 — the largest spoken word prize offered in the region — plus a second prize of $20,000 and third prize of $10,000.
In the first semi-final showcase, the FCNPS presents IERE.
Land of the Hummingbird.
our first known name, was
a symbol of the Amerindians
for the souls of the ancestors in flight.
Small but strong and
travellers of distance,
we hum these words,
send them flying to the future.
1. Francis Fashion Shoe Locker
2. The Writers Centre (Home of The 2 Cents Movement and the NGC Bocas Lit Fest)
3. Boom’s World (Henry St. POS)
4. Blac Sheep Barbershop (UWI)
5. Absolute Glow (Shoppes of Arima)
6. Online https://www.suntixx.com/