- Complete the online entry form below and upload the final book file as a PDF that retains all book formatting. The book cover file can be submitted as a separate PDF.
- Books may be entered by their publishers OR authors. The contact person identified on the entry form should be the person responsible for supplying copies of the book, should print copies be called in for judging or publicity.
- Authors and/or publishers of shortlisted titles must agree to provide three physical copies of the book to the Bocas Lit Fest.
- Each entry should be accompanied by a short biographical note on the author and a current headshot for publicity purposes.
- Books will be accepted for entry at the discretion of the chairs of the judging panels, who will determine questions of eligibility when necessary. Judges’ decisions on eligibility are final. Non-eligible books and their entry fees will not be returned.
There is an entry fee of US$15 per title. The entry fee can be paid by:
- Credit card payments via the online WiPay platform
- US dollar bank drafts (routed through a US-based bank) made payable to The Bocas Lit Fest and mailed via reliable courier service.
- Trinidad and Tobago cheques or cash in the amount of TT$100.00.
Please select your preferred payment method when submitting the online entry, and an invoice with details will be issued for payment. Payment must be received by the submissions deadline in order for the book to be eligible.
The publisher or author must complete the online submission by 5:00PM on 30 July 2021.
For any queries about eligibility requirements or the submission process, please contact the prize administrators at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Definition of the Caribbean
For the purposes of the Bocas Children’s Prize, the Caribbean is defined as including the following countries and territories:
- Antigua and Barbuda
- The Bahamas
- British Virgin Islands
- Cayman Islands
- Dominican Republic
- French Guiana
- Puerto Rico
- St Barthélemy
- St Kitts and Nevis
- St Lucia
- St Martin/Sint Maarten
- St Vincent and the Grenadines
- Sint Eustatius
- Trinidad and Tobago
- Turks and Caicos
- US Virgin Islands
NB: books entered must be originally written and published in English.