So many upcoming events, including our very own #bocas2020, have been postponed, but that’s no reason we can’t celebrate Caribbean reading, writing, and ideas in virtual space and in the media.
From readings and storytelling for the whole family on TV to e-workshops and book launches online, stay tuned for our monthly calendar of programming that supports, represents and highlights the work of Caribbean writers, scholars, and thinkers.
Our programme of events for May 2020 includes:
- The announcement of the winners of the 2020 OCM Bocas Prize and Johnson and Amoy Achong Caribbean Writers Prize
- The online launch of three new books at our first online Sunday Launch event
- Weekly Bios & Bookmarks online sessions with writers from the Caribbean
- A special celebration of 2020 Bocas Henry Swanzy Award winner Kamau Brathwaite
- Weekly radio and TV segments featuring writers and children’s storytellers
- The release of our second online Survival Kit, featuring stories, poems, music and art
- Our monthly Bring Your Own Book & Bottle (BYOBB) virtual hangout
- Plus listen out for upcoming news of our first online Writers Lab programme, and a new series of online seminars connecting writers in the Caribbean with international publishing professionals — details coming soon!