The NGC Bocas Lit Fest is Wednesday 1 – Sunday 5 May 2019, and we’re looking for volunteers to help manage our festival events.
There are many perks to being a Bocas volunteer. Our Festival Volunteer badge gives you access to back stage and to our Green Room, and the chance to network with others in the literary world including booksellers, publishers, agents, other volunteers and the Bocas team.
NB: The minimum requirement for volunteers is a commitment to working for 2 full days of the 5 day festival. This can be spread out over 4 shifts (morning or afternoon).
There is a detailed briefing and training session for volunteers (one morning), so with the exception of our volunteer photographer, you don’t need special skills or advance knowledge of the NGC Bocas Lit Fest to apply.
- Room Manager (Old Fire Station / AV Room)
- Audience Engagement
- Workshops Assistant
- Evening Events Coordinator
- Festival Sales & Information Assistant
- Children’s Festival Assistant
- Stage Manager – Children’s Special Event at City Hall
- Assistant – Children’s Special Event at City Hall
And if you have experience with professional photography, please consider giving some time to take photos at our special event for primary school children at City Hall on Tuesday 30 April. Apply for the position here:
We also have two positions for people to join our team for a longer period, with flexible working hours depending on how much time you can give over a one to two month period:
- Monitoring and Evaluation Consultant (March to May 2019)
- Schools Outreach Support (April to May 2019)
The deadline for volunteer applications is 15 March 2019.